What is the goal of this Alliance?
The mission of the Alliance is to guide and inspire collective action towards embracing volunteer engagement as a key strategy for driving positive community change.
The proposed Alliance structure has been designed to convene staff and volunteer leaders across many sectors – including voices from traditional nonprofit, faith-based, health, human service, government, and civic organizations, membership associations, and higher education, and representing volunteer engagement professionals, executive leadership, development and fundraising professionals, human resource professionals, funders, and beyond.
Is this Alliance intended to replace other associations, like AL!VE?
The Alliance is not a replacement for AL!VE (Association of Leaders in Volunteer Engagement) or other existing national or regional organizations or associations, but rather a coalition to facilitate collaboration across many sectors, bringing together more voices to build united strength for collective action. Our friends at AL!VE are generously providing support to the Alliance as co-facilitator and fiscal agent.
How can I help or get involved?
Thank you for your interest in helping us spread the word and make the Alliance a success!
A few great steps you can take include:
- Read the Alliance purpose statement to familiarize yourself with activities and goals of the Alliance
- Share this website — www.allianceforengagement.org — with your colleagues and networks!
- Add yourself to our email list to receive updates about this important work.
Read Alliance case statement to familiarize yourself with activities and goals of the Alliance
- Stay tuned for the launch of a new communications “Hub” – We are close to launching an exciting new online platform where we can convene and exchange ideas. Stay tuned for more details later this summer!
- Be on the lookout for future opportunities to serve with a work group and other important roles.
This effort is still a work in progress and more is to come!